Knitting the Wheel of Fortune Model Beret: A Beginner's Guide
A beret is a classic accessory that can add a touch of elegance and sophistication to any outfit. The wheel of fortune model is a popular design that features a unique pattern
of circular shapes. In this blog post, we'll provide you with a beginner's guide to knitting your very own wheel of fortune model beret
- Worsted weight yarn in your desired color(s)
- Circular knitting needles in size US 8 (5mm)
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
- Cast on 88 stitches onto your circular needles, making sure to join in the round and place a stitch marker at the beginning of the round.
- Begin the pattern by knitting two stitches, then purling two stitches, and repeating this pattern until the end of the round.
- On the next round, knit the knit stitches and purl the purl stitches.
- For the next round, knit one stitch and then bring your yarn forward as if to purl. Slip the next stitch purlwise and bring the yarn to the back of your work. Repeat this pattern (known as slip 1, knit 1) until the end of the round.
- Continue with this pattern until the beret measures approximately 6 inches from the cast on edge.
- Next, begin the wheel of fortune pattern. To do this, knit two stitches, then slip one stitch knitwise, knit two stitches together, and pass the slipped stitch over the knit two together. Repeat this pattern until the end of the round.
- On the following round, knit all stitches.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until the pattern measures approximately 2 inches from the last pattern change.
- Next, begin the decreases by knitting two stitches together until the end of the round.
- Knit one round.
- Knit two stitches together throughout the next round.
- Continue with this pattern until there are only a few stitches left on your needles. Cut your yarn, leaving a tail, and thread it through the remaining stitches.
- Using your tapestry needle, weave in the ends.
Congratulations! You've now knitted your very own wheel of fortune model beret. This classic accessory is perfect for adding a touch of sophistication to any outfit, and the unique pattern is sure to turn heads. With a little practice, you'll be able to make this beret in all your favorite colors. So grab your knitting needles and get started today!