How to crochet Tutorial Basket Bag in Tow
If you're in need of a new bag
to carry your essentials, then this crochet tutorial for a basket bag in tow
is perfect for you! This bag is stylish, practical, and easy to make. Plus, it's made with sturdy tow yarn, making it durable enough to carry all your belongings. Follow along with the steps below to create your very own basket bag in tow.
What You'll Need
Before you get started, make sure you have the following materials:
- Tow yarn in your desired color
- Crochet hook in size H-8 (5 mm)
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch markers (optional)
Follow the instructions below to crochet basket bag
Step 1: Make the Bottom of the Bag
- Create a magic circle with your tow yarn and chain 1.
- Crochet 8 single crochet stitches into the magic circle, making sure to tighten the circle as you go.
- Place a stitch marker in the first stitch to keep track of the beginning of the round.
- Crochet 2 single crochet stitches in each stitch around, for a total of 16 stitches.
- Crochet 1 single crochet stitch in the first stitch, and then 2 single crochet stitches in the next stitch. Repeat this pattern around, for a total of 24 stitches.
- Crochet 1 single crochet stitch in each of the next 2 stitches, followed by 2 single crochet stitches in the next stitch. Repeat this pattern around, for a total of 32 stitches.
- Continue in this pattern, increasing 8 stitches in each round until your circle measures approximately 9 inches in diameter.
Step 2: Crochet the Sides of the Bag
- Crochet 1 single crochet stitch in each stitch around the circle.
- Crochet 1 single crochet stitch in the back loop only of each stitch around the circle.
- Crochet 1 single crochet stitch in both loops of each stitch around the circle.
- Continue crocheting in this pattern, alternating between crocheting in the back loop only and both loops, until your bag measures approximately 12 inches tall.
Step 3: Create the Handles
- Crochet 8 chains and skip 8 stitches. Repeat this pattern on the opposite side of the bag, creating a total of 16 chains and 16 skipped stitches.
- Crochet 1 single crochet stitch in each chain and skipped stitch around the bag.
- Crochet 1 single crochet stitch in each stitch around the bag for 1 more round, then fasten off and weave in the ends.
Congratulations, you've successfully crocheted a basket bag in tow! This bag is perfect for carrying your belongings on-the-go, and the sturdy tow yarn ensures that it will last for a long time.In conclusion, crocheting a basket bag
in tow is a fun and useful project for all levels of crocheters. With the right materials and a little patience, you can create a beautiful and functional accessory that is perfect for carrying your essentials. Remember to choose your yarn and hook size carefully, and to pay attention to your tension throughout the project. With these tips and tricks in mind, you are ready to get started on your very own basket bag in tow.Happy crocheting!