How to crochet a Boho Style Multicolored Bag
If you're looking for a fun and colorful accessory to add to your wardrobe, a boho style multicolored bag
might be just what you need! Not only is it practical for carrying all your essentials, but it also adds a pop of color and bohemian flair to any outfit.
- Worsted weight yarn in multiple colors (choose any colors you like!)
- Crochet hook size H/8-5.00MM
- Tapestry needle
Before starting your project, it's important to decide on the size and shape of your bag. You can make it as big or small as you want, and choose a shape that suits your needs. For this tutorial, we'll be making a rectangular bag.
Step 1: Creating the Base of the Bag
- Start by making a chain of 32 stitches.
- Single crochet into the second chain from the hook, and single crochet across the row. Chain 1 and turn.
- Single crochet across the row again, chain 1 and turn. Repeat this step until you have a rectangle that is the desired size for the base of your bag.
- When you're happy with the size of the rectangle, fold it in half lengthwise and single crochet the two short ends together to create a tube.
- Next, single crochet around the top edge of the tube to create the top of the bag.
Step 2: Adding Color to the Bag
Now it's time to add some color to your bag! For this step, you'll be using the double crochet stitch
- Attach your new color of yarn to any stitch on the top edge of the bag.
- Chain 3, then double crochet into each stitch around the top edge of the bag. Join with a slip stitch to the top of the first chain 3.
- Repeat this step with as many colors as you want, alternating colors every few rows until you've reached the desired height for your bag.
Step 3: Adding a Strap
Now it's time to add a strap to your bag! You can make it as long or short as you want, depending on your preference.
- Starting from one side of the bag, single crochet around the top edge until you reach the center of the bag.
- Chain 30 (or more or less, depending on the length of the strap you want), skip a few stitches, and single crochet into the next stitch.
- Continue to single crochet around the top edge of the bag until you reach the other side, making sure the strap is the desired length.
- Fasten off and weave in any loose ends.
Congratulations! You have now completed your very own boho style multicoloured crochet bag
. This bag is perfect for carrying your everyday essentials and adding a pop of color to your outfit. Remember to experiment with different color combinations and yarn types to make this bag truly your own.Crocheting
your own bag
is not only a fun and creative process, but it is also a sustainable and eco-friendly way to accessorize. You can feel good about carrying a bag that you made yourself and that didn't contribute to the waste and pollution that often comes with fast fashion.We hope you enjoyed this tutorial and that it inspired you to continue your crochet journey.Happy crocheting!