How to crochet a Coin Purse with ZipperCrochet
is a versatile and enjoyable craft that can be used to create many useful and beautiful items. One such item is a coin purse with a zipper
. A coin purse is a small, compact bag
used to hold coins, credit cards, and other small items. Making your own crochet coin purse with a zipper is not only a fun and rewarding project, but it also allows you to personalize it to your own style and preferences. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of crocheting a coin purse with a zipper
- Yarn in your desired color
- Crochet hook appropriate for the yarn weight
- Zipper that is slightly longer than the width of your purse
- Lining fabric
- Needle and thread
Step 1: Crochet the Purse Body
- Start by making a chain of 21 stitches.
- Single crochet in the second chain from the hook and in each chain across. You should have 20 single crochets. Chain 1 and turn.
- Single crochet in each stitch across, chain 1 and turn. Repeat this step until the piece measures the desired length of your purse body. Keep in mind that the length of the purse body should be slightly shorter than the length of the zipper.
- When you have reached the desired length, fold the piece in half, with the right sides facing each other. Slip stitch the two short sides together to form a tube.
- Turn the tube right side out.
Step 2: Add the Zipper
- Place the zipper on top of the top edge of the purse body, with the right side of the zipper facing down on the right side of the purse body.
- Sew the zipper in place using a needle and thread. Be sure to sew close to the teeth of the zipper to ensure that the purse will close properly.
- Repeat step 1 with the other side of the zipper and the other edge of the purse body.
- Trim any excess zipper length with scissors.
Step 3: Add the Lining
- Using the crochet purse as a template, cut a piece of lining fabric that is the same size and shape as the purse body.
- Place the lining inside the crochet purse, with the wrong side of the lining facing out.
- Hand stitch the lining to the crochet purse, making sure to stitch close to the edge to hide the stitches.
- Trim any excess fabric or thread.
Step 4: Finishing
- Optional: Add a crocheted chain as a strap to your coin purse.
- Your crochet coin purse with a zipper is now complete and ready to use!
a coin purse with a zipper is a fun and practical project that can be completed in just a few hours. With the right materials and a bit of patience, you can create a personalized and functional accessory that will impress your friends and family. The key is to take your time and follow the pattern
closely, paying attention to the stitch counts and using stitch markers to keep track of your progress. With a little practice, you'll soon be crocheting up a storm and creating beautiful accessories that are both stylish and functional.Happy crocheting!