While preparing in our daily life, our priority is usually our outer appearance. But do you think it’s enough to only care about our appearance? Is bad breath a common problem?
Imagine you are in the middle of an important job interview; You started to think that you took every step right and got the job. At the end of the meeting, you stood up confidently, shook hands and said, “It was a pleasure talking to you, I look forward to hearing from you.” you said. All of a sudden, you noticed that the expression of the person you were talking to had changed and he was wrinkling his lips. There was tension in his smile, and you knew something was wrong. Worst of all, you realized it was because of your bad breath, and that was the last impression you wanted to make on the other side.
Oral care, which is one of the most important elements of our personal care, is a sensitive issue that can create an obstacle between you and the people you communicate with during the day.
Dentists state that many patients come to visit because of bad breath problem. He states that because of this problem, which can be easily avoided with a few small precautions, people are in a difficult situation, they lose their self-confidence and are afraid to talk or people avoid talking to them. Thus, he states that the social circle of patients who turn into themselves is restricted.
Here are recommendations from dentists about Bad Breath:
– Don’t forget to eat parsley. Parsley is not just the greens we use in salads. It is also a breath freshener. Parsley naturally freshens your breath, just be sure to chew it completely. At the same time, some natural herbs and spices found in your kitchen are also natural breath fresheners. You can chew cloves, ginger or anise as soon as you feel your bad breath.
How is Bad Breath Passed?
– Drink water or juice instead of coffee and beer.
– If you are on the eve of an important meeting or meeting, you should avoid spicy foods. Depending on the amount of food you eat, the smell can stay in your mouth for 24 hours, no matter how often you brush your teeth. Avoid onions, garlic, hot peppers, salami, sausage, bacon. At the same time, avoid some cheeses (like Roquefort), some fish, and even anchovies on the pizza.
– Brush your teeth immediately after eating something. This removes the odors associated with the food you eat. The most important cause of bad breath is dental plaque. It is estimated that as many as 50 trillion microscopic organisms circulate in our mouths. With each piece of food we eat, they enter our mouth through our lips, stay in the corners and produce a bad smell. As a result, in order to get rid of this bad smell, we must brush our teeth twice a day and throw this plaque out. If you don’t have a toothbrush and toothpaste with you, at least rinse your mouth with water.
– Don’t forget to brush your tongue along with your teeth.
How is Bad Breath Passed?
– If you need a fresh breath for 20 minutes, it may be a good idea to rinse your mouth with mouthwash. But this one is like Cinderella’s pumpkin. When the time has passed and the twenty minutes have passed, the magic will be over and you will start talking behind your hands again.
– Try to breathe through your nose. Mouth breathing causes a dry mouth, which paves the way for bacteria that cause bad odour.
These are just small suggestions that you can apply at home. However, people with persistent bad breath should definitely visit a dental clinic. Bad breath can be a sign of other mouth problems. A decaying tooth or plaque that cannot be removed by brushing can cause bad breath. You can have a fresh breath by visiting any dental clinic and taking advantage of these little suggestions.